Executive Assistant, Client DevelopmentDeadline: March 14, 2018
Type: Full Time
Level: Middle Level
Function: Administrative, Development
Organization: Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Visit Web Site
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide comprehensive administrative and business development support to executive(s)
• Act as a liaison and manage communication between the executive(s) and clients, board members and other stakeholders; act as an extension to the executive(s) when needed
• Handle a high volume of requests for meetings, appointments, and scheduling
• Manage complex calendars while coordinating travel arrangements and arranging out-of-town meetings for several nonprofit board affiliations, affinity groups, and other committees
• Compile and process expense reports and reimbursements
• Provide detailed briefings, research, and background documents for meetings, events, and trips
• Manage logistics for internal and external meetings/events, and speaking engagements
• Manage the pipeline of new opportunities on behalf of the Founder
• Research the priorities and philanthropic strategies of current and potential clients
• Oversee special projects and assignments as required
Skills and Qualifications
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• At least 4-5 years of professional experience preferred
• Graduate degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience anticipating the needs of a senior leader and planning time and materials appropriately
• Ability to work with high-profile individuals and demonstrated discretion with stakeholders
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to draft high quality written materials and correspondence
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various and competing demands, and demonstrate elevated level of client service and responsiveness
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
• Flexibility, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit
• Executive network experience preferred
Our Core Competencies:
• [Service Excellence] The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
• [Project and Task Management] The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
• [Stakeholder Management] The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
• [Communication] The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content.
• [Collaboration] The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
• [Continuous Learning] The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
• [Resourcefulness] The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today. If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
We’re looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, high-performing individual to serve as an executive assistant to Arabella’s Founder, Principal, and Senior Managing Director Eric Kessler. This is an excellent opportunity for an organized, client-service oriented individual who is interested in building a career in the social sector through exceptional work with senior leaders at Arabella and in the sector.