Senior ConsultantDeadline: March 20, 2018
Type: Full Time
Level: Senior Level
Multple Locations ,
Are you passionate about social change? Do you want to work in a high-performing, high-impact and fast-paced environment? Join FSG’s consulting team to collaborate with clients who are working to address complex social and environmental problems in order to produce equitable outcomes at scale.
Senior Consultants are integral members of our consulting team and work on client projects across a variety of social and environmental issues including: economic development, education, global development, global health, US health, and workforce development.
Senior Consultant positions are available in our Boston, San Francisco, and Seattle offices. This is a full-time role. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Salary bands are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting bands for each role. We also offer a generous benefits package including: health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG, 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, cell phone stipend, disability and life insurance, and more. Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
The Senior Consultant position offers opportunity for advancement, pending performance, to the following roles within FSG’s consulting team: Associate Director, Director, and Managing Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You would spend the majority of your time on client projects. You would have the opportunity to work across FSG’s different approaches, areas of focus, and client segments.
- Serve on client projects as a team member
- Conduct and synthesize research in a thorough and timely manner and adapt research plans as needed
- Design surveys and interview guides that are efficient, effective and appropriate given relevant cultural and power dynamics
- Conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Translate findings into creative, thoughtful, data-based insights and client recommendations
- Communicate perspectives and ideas in clear, concise, and compelling ways
- Participate in and facilitate inclusive discussions with colleagues and clients
- Collaborate with team members by receiving and providing feedback, coaching and mentorship
- Assist with project logistics and coordination
- Contribute to other aspects of the firm’s development, to potentially include intellectual capital creation, internal culture, and business development
- Actively engage in FSG’s internal culture, infrastructure, and organizational well-being
- Advance the intellectual capital of the firm as needed by supporting the creation of articles, publications, and blog posts through research, writing, and editing
- Aid business development efforts as needed through proposal writing and research
Skills and Qualifications
- 4 – 7 years of strategy consulting experience or other relevant work experience (e.g., roles that require excellent research, data analysis, and strategic planning skills)
- Graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA, MPH, MPP, or other relevant degree)
- Extensive experience with primary and secondary research; experience gathering data including perspectives of people directly experiencing the particular social issue
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with demonstrated ability to generate insights; experience considering how solutions may impact a range of stakeholders, including marginalized communities, is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Significant experience in a consultative role (e.g., working for a consulting firm or as an independent consultant); ability to multitask and bring robust time-management skills in a fast-paced, client services environment
- Passion for social change, and proven commitment to working in the social sector
- Deep interest in one or more of the following ideasets (catalytic philanthropy, collective impact, shared value, strategic learning and evaluation, and systems change) and experience in one or more of the following issue areas (economic development, education, global development, global health, US health)
- Inclusive and culturally appropriate presentation and group facilitation experience; experience considering and applying equity principles
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; ability to use Excel to create charts, graphs, and pivot tables preferred
- Experience working autonomously as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 20-30% of the time (travel requirement varies by project)
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter (indicating office preference) and your resume via our online application system. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.