Talent Management Coordinator (Boston)Deadline: March 20, 2018
Type: Full Time
Level: Middle Level
Function: Human Resources
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm supporting leaders in creating large-scale, lasting social change. At FSG, our people are our most valuable asset, and we recognize that supporting and retaining a talented, capable, and committed staff is vital to the ongoing success of our firm. We aim to set expectations, share feedback and assess performance in ways that promote growth and development and reflect our values.
We are seeking a Talent Management Coordinator to support execution of the firm’s talent management strategies in order to develop and retain a diverse workforce, in partnership with other members of the People Team. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Staffing and Talent Management.
This is a full-time position based in FSG’s Boston office. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Salary bands are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting bands for each role. We also offer a generous benefits package including: health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG, 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, cell phone stipend, disability and life insurance, and more. Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitate execution of performance management processes at the firm
- Develop timeline and sequencing for all performance management activities throughout the year, e.g., performance assessments, feedback mechanisms, performance calibration processes, etc.
- Coordinate annual performance management cycle for all staff at the firm, including scheduling reviews, tracking and collecting review inputs, and packaging materials
- Support performance calibration processes and discussions with firm leadership, including scheduling, communication, and materials creation
- Administer and track interim assessment processes and feedback loops for consulting teams on an ongoing basis; provide input on draft assessments as needed
- Facilitate communication with staff, leadership and firm regarding performance management processes; respond to ad hoc inquiries and requests
- Support the design and firm-wide implementation of a new performance management technology solution in 2018, in partnership with Senior Manager of Staffing and internal stakeholders; once system is in place, utilize new technology platform to coordinate firm-wide performance management efforts
- Assist in redesigning and improving performance management resources and tools including review forms, feedback forms, equity primes, professional development resources, core competency guides, and employee engagement/vitality tools
- Maintain internal knowledge portal for all performance management resources and tools
- Ensure equity and inclusion principles are embedded in all talent and performance management processes
Maintain and analyze people data to inform strategic recommendations
- Update employee and consulting project team data in internal Human Resources Information System (HRIS) – Bamboo— and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)—NetSuite— systems
- Analyze employee performance and progression data on a regular basis to generate insights and recommendations on how we assess, develop and retain talent
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of our talent and performance management processes including feedback mechanisms, performance review forms and communication loops
- Provide thought partnership to Senior Manager of Staffing and Senior Manager of Learning & Development on how to develop and evolve talent management strategy; surface new and innovative ideas to enhance processes and achieve our goals in a manner that reflects our commitment to equity
Support other People Team priorities to address overall needs of the firm
- Generate insights to inform firm learning and professional development needs based on performance reviews, feedback and other performance management inputs
- Support scheduling / planning of staff onboarding and learning and development opportunities as needed
- Additional ongoing support activities and/or discrete project assignments as needed; including but not limited to retention analysis and strategies, employee engagement / vitality tools and efforts, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2-4 years of talent management / professional development experience; experience with people analytics (quantitative and qualitative) strongly preferred
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail and ability to track effectively
- Effective communicator in a business setting, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Experience and proficiency using Excel (or other relevant tools) to analyze quantitative data
- Proactive problem solver with a strategic and customer-focused mindset
- Willingness to take initiative to get the job done and improve processes along the way
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience considering and applying diversity, equity, and inclusion principles; an understanding of equity at individual, interpersonal, institutional, and societal levels and ability to make recommendations with this awareness in mind strongly preferred
- Passion for FSG’s mission to create large-scale, lasting social change; knowledge of the social sector preferred
- Experience with ERP and/or HRIS software platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume via our online application system. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.