The work of Funders for LGBTQ Issues is made possible by the support of our members. In the past three years, our network of members has nearly doubled, now encompassing nearly 80 foundations and philanthropic institutions that collectively award more than $1 billion annually, including approximately $100 million specifically devoted to LGBTQ issues. Our members include foundations for whom LGBTQ issues are a core priority area, as well as foundations focused on issues from health to poverty seeking to effectively integrate LGBTQ communities into their work. Join today, and become part of a growing network of funders working together to improve the lives of LGBTQ communities.
Institutional membership in Funders for LGBTQ Issues includes the following benefits, available for an unlimited number of staff and trustees:
- Recognition on our website, annual report, monthly Qnotes e-newsletter, and all other public membership listings—an opportunity to demonstrate your institution’s commitment to LGBTQ communities and more broadly to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and positioning you alongside an impressive array of leading funders.
- Special discounted member rates for registration at our annual Funding Forward conference and other funder briefings and events.
- Access to members-only briefings and conference calls for sharing information and resources on the latest events and trends affecting LGBTQ communities, such as our December 2016 teleconference on funding LGBTQ issues in the Trump era.
- Print copies and advance online previews of our annual tracking report, the leading source of data and trends in foundation funding for LGBTQ issues, including lists of top funders; breakdowns by issue, strategy, and geography; and an appendix of all foundations supporting LGBTQ issues.
- Print copies and advance online previews of other special reports, on topics such as LGBTQ health disparities, LGBTQ communites in the South, LGBTQ immigrants, and transgender communities.
- Free job postings for your institution on the Funders for LGBTQ Issues jobs board, the premiere vehicle for reaching LGBTQ candidates with experience and training in philanthropy.
- Special members-only e-mail updates from the President, with confidential updates and insider information on the latest trends in LGBTQ philanthropy.
In addition to these direct benefits, your membership dues are crucial to making possible all of our ongoing work:
- in-depth research on trends, gaps, and opportunities in LGBTQ funding;
- convening funders to share resources and best practices to enhance the impact of their grantmaking in LGBTQ communities; and
- ongoing education and support for foundations seeking to deepen their understanding of how LGBTQ communities are uniquely affected by their grantmaking priorities.
Membership in Funders for LGBTQ Issues is open to all those involved in LGBTQ grantmaking and philanthropy, including the following:
- Foundations and other grantmaking institutions, including corporate grantmaking programs and giving circles
- Staff, volunteers and trustees of grantmaking institutions and philanthropic support organizations
- Philanthropic advisors and consultants
For grantmaking institutions, Funders for LGBTQ Issues offers a sliding scale of membership dues based on a funder’s overall annual grantmaking budget:
|Total Annual Grantmaking||Annual Membership Dues|
|$200,000 – $500,000||$1,000|
|$500,000 – $1 million||$2,500|
|$1 million – $5 million||$5,000|
|$5 million – $10 million||$7,500|
|$10 million – $20 million||$10,000|
|Over $20 million||$15,000|
For consulting firms and other institutions that offer advisory services for grantmakers, we offer an Industry Partner membership fee of $2,500 annually.
We offer individual membership at the rate of $150 annually (payable in monthly installments if preferred; see automatic billing below).